Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Thursday, March 22, 2012

Out of the Mouth of The Editor-For-Hire

"You've lost your meat and bones to the premise of your story," she said. "I hope you have your original chapters."

"Oh," I said. For the most part, I'm speechless.

"It's okay though. All writers do this when they go back to make changes. It's all the information you get during critiques and beta-reads. Just make sure you have your original chapters. Anything is fixable."

Thank God, I do. ***rolling my eyes***

Editing equals patience my friends. Also, never throw your original MS away EVER no matter how much you've slathered poo on it.

12 comments:

  1. I know you can do it, to get it done. You know I would love a copy of it when it's finished. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't need an editor-for-hire. I've worked with the best editors in the business, and William is as good as any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm one of those goofy perfectionist and my editor always wants it very, very clean before she gets it. And yes, William is wonderful.

      Delete
  3. The book is indeed a lot of fun. The finished product is going to reflect that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, you can do it! We are all cheering you on, and we are waiting for our copies of your book! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just catching up with this. Yep. Make a separate file where you place anything you yank from the wip, call it "edits" or what have you.

    You'll get there. You don't want to put this out there too quickly. We want to see you succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good advice you share! Thanks for posting this.

    As I am accustomed to working on news articles, I only save the revision ... very good reminder that not all writing is equal and the original does have some redeeming qualities. :)

    Alana @ writercize.blogspot.com
    Thanks for your comment on my A post!

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.