Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Thursday, March 3, 2016

I Missed ISWG Yesterday, Here's Why...

Yesterday, after Sir Poop's got up from his nap, he collapsed. I had taken him out to pee and he was in mid-stream when it happened.

So I rushed him to the vet. They said he had a stroke and may have more. They said he has a mass in his liver. They showed me the x-ray. They said it's cancer. That explains the orange-liquid poop, the massive amounts of whizzing, and the vomitting. They said there's nothing more they could do for him. They offered to put him down there. But my fur baby was crying from a distance. He literally yelped out "MAM!" This is the second time he has done this. I just couldn't do it there.

So I took him home. Prayed. Researched what death by liver cancer (IT'S PAINFUL!)Skipped dinner. Prayed. Cried. Prayed some more. Broke down and called Lap of Love. Didn't sleep. Held him most of the night praying God would take him instead of me having to do it. He cried most of the night with me. He even yelped out another "MAM!"

Tomorrow, at 10:30 AM, or sometime thereafter, Sir Poop's will breathe his last breath. Not unless God decides to take him Himself between now and tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm going to let him watch all his favorite shows. The Price is Right being one of them and CNN. I kid you not. He loves television. And let him eat his favorite foods.

Never in a million years did I ever think I would have to put him down.

I'll apologize now, if I don't answer your comments. Pease understand.

Also, if your interested in an on-line support group for writers, go to the Insecure Writer's Group link to the right of your screen and click. Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder.

Hugs and chocolate, all!
Shelly

Eventually, I'll get back to my normal blogging routine.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Sir Poops but sadly that is the problem with owning pets they leave us so soon. Wishing you all the best and a peaceful passing for Sir Poops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's important to allow them to die at home. When I knew Sam's time was running out, I took him to the avian vet, who understood and gave me meds to keep him comfortable until it was over. And I prayed--a lot. I asked God to let me be with him when the time came. I didn't want him to die alone when we were out or at night when we were asleep. My prayer was answered. He died lying against my chest, and it was over quickly.

    Know that you're doing this for him, Shelly. He's suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Shelly. It's so hard to let them go. They are family. My prayers with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Shelly. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Shelly,

    Bless Sir Poops. I understand how much your beloved dog means to you. A treasured family member. Always loved. Never forgotten.

    Hugs,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you're going through this. It's tough when someone so close and dear to you is suffering and you can do nothing to help them, and you know what the end will entail.
    Big Chocolate Hug to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still remember the day our 17-year-old cat lifted her head from the sofa and looked at me instead of running to greet me. What a hard time for you and Sir Poop. I hope you feel comforted by all the virtual hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shelly, I'm so sorry. I've only had one beloved pet that died on her own and I should have insisted she be put down. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.