Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, September 19, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things: Zombie Virus

I know. I'm way late posting today. Time hasn't been my friend this week nor has the Salon schedule. It's been brutal.

Anyway, thought I'd Celebrate the Small Things first with VikLit, at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author .

This weeks celebrations:

* I had a wonderful time at last weeks wedding. Sharks, turtles, jelly-fish, and a variety of other fish came. It was soooo cool!

* Wednesday, I had a fun time spoiling my grandbabies. If my phone was working right, I'd share some pictures with you. But...yeah. Stuff happens.

So pick a topic, any topic! The news is full of Debbie-Downer info. It's enough to keep you depressed for the rest of your life.

The Ebola virus seems to be picking up speed. My gut told me that when it reared its creepy head this time, it would be one to watch. And being that I'm a writer with a wild imagination, I've been doing a load of research on it. What I found out would make your head spin. It did mine.

Did you know that the America government holds a patent on the Ebola virus? You can go here  and here to read it for yourselves. There is a plethora of info on this topic.

Did you know that the Chinese fear Ebola turns peeps into zombies? You can go here to read the article. But it left me questioning why would they thinks this? So I investigated further and found that it was possible. But not the once dead and reanimated kind. The National Geographic peeps wrote a piece on this topic back in 2010 on the possibility.  Go here to read. 

In summary, the creation of a zombie virus needs a host to be first infected with both the rabies an the ebola, and let the mutation begin. And yes, it could become airborne by introducing both the viruses to  any flu in the same host. Here are some very informative videos to watch when you have time.

Are we all infected like Rick from The Walking Dead said?
Or have we been set up to be infected? Could be the GMO's, overuse of antibiotics, steroids and antibiotic use in the herd meat we eat. Hmmm...Poor nutrition is definitely a precursor to getting violently ill.

And why did the CDC post a preparedness sight in case of a Zombie Apocalypse?You can read it for yourself here. I'm finding all of this really creepy now. How about you? Been looking into buying Hasmat suits for the Sweetman and I. They're 104 dollars on Amazon.

Hope everyone has a chocolate-filled weekend! Happy Shabbat! And be prepared for anything!

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly


15 comments:

  1. It is a disease that has certain limitations (fortunately), but every time there's an outbreak, work has to be done to understand the little beast. It's a ruthless killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir Wills, I don't trust the American government whatsoever.

      Delete
  2. I agree with William. Much research is needed.

    Grandbabies can make up for even the worst week ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many things that do harm. Just think of all the stories a person could write about them. It is something to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it is all out there and we need to be as informed as we can be.
    William is right.
    That said ... the amount of the so called illnesses that we thought were under control are flooding back.
    Whooping Cough is one, it is huge problem were I live. What about the new bird flu we see every year. It is getting so we all need a hazmat suit !

    But we are so lucky that we have sweet grand babies to make us smile.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And of course what about what the border crossers brought in.

      Delete
  5. I think it's all part of a bigger plot by aliens who want us all to parish and take over the world. In which case I'll be dead and won't care. Hah! I can't get caught up in this fear that I might catch it. They did--still do--with the flu vaccines, which are not necessary. I get the flu once every 5 years when it mutates. Looks like it's time to go hide in a cave and quit driving a transit bus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or quit doing hair because I touch people. Well, I now carry a bottle of thieves oil for disinfecting purposes. Anyway, you might want to get yourself a P-100 mask.

      Delete
  6. Very scary stuff, Shelly! Off to check on those hasmat suits at Amazon;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ebola is a terrible terrible disease. Let's hope we find a cure. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it's a virus from the strep family related to the herpes 1 & 2 viruses. If you survive, it sticks with you like genital herpes.

      Delete
  8. I think this post represents a lot of my fears. I like to think that my gov doesn't harm people, but then we read things that make it all so surreal. Thanks for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust nothing that is bigger than you. It eventually abuses it right have power.

      Delete

I'm dying to know what you think.