Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Monday, October 28, 2013

The House on Mendocino Street-10

 

Hey, everyone! Here’s scene 10.

If you just popped in and are interested in following the story sequence, click on the links below. PLEASE NOTE: This has not been edited.

Hugs and chocolate,

Shelly

PART ONE

PART TWO

PART THREE

PART FOUR

PART FIVE

PART SIX

PART SEVEN

PART EIGHT

PART NINE

 

THE HOUSE ON MENDOCINO STREET

When Bob arrived home, it was a half past nine. So much for being right back from getting a quick coffee from Seven-Eleven. Heat filtered from the top of Maddie’s head all the way down to her toes.


“Hey, Darlin'.” Bob swaggered into the house clueless of his irresponsible behavior.


Maddie cocked her brow and crossed her arms. “It's been two hours since I got home." She began to pace the living room. “How dare you leave my daughter alone!” The words came out in a high-pitched tone.

Bob shook his head, and chuckled. “Well … nothing did happen … so what’s the problem?”


“There was some creep going through our mailbox when I got home today.” Maddie fought back tears.

“What do you want me to do about it?” Bob shrugged and gave her a smirk. His usual way of handling her concerns since they bought and moved into the house.


“I trust you to watch out for Niki when I'm not around. That's what you agreed to.”


“She's not my kid. Besides, her imaginary friend, Ed is around to watch her.”

© Shelly Arkon 2013

4 comments:

I'm dying to know what you think.