Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Sunday, February 16, 2014

26 Days of Crazy Coming Your Way

Hey! Guess what's coming to town in April again? Twenty-six days of  crazy blogging A to Z, skipping weekends. Arlee Bird is the creator.You pick the topic and theme. But I suggest you keep your posts short and turn off your captchas-those are the rudest things anyone ever made.


Go here if you want to sign up for the fun.

As for me, I haven't decided to join in or not. If  I do, my plan is to post one word per the alphabet with a picture. They will be clues to what you will find in my next novel, Killer Stilettos, the second book in Lila's Journey.

I'm still tweaking the dickens out of it.

A couple of Mondays ago I sent the first 300 words over to Mainewords for a critique, which by the way was truly helpful. So I'll be writing my 34th draft of chapter one soon. She's always looking for first chapters to critique and post on her blog. If interested click on the link above.

Also, I'm still playing with making my own covers. Here's one:
But its still not right. Practice makes better though. I'm hoping to prepare a post for next Monday on how to make a basic ebook cover. I'm not a wiz yet. I've already forgotten how to make my own Clip Art, and have to re-figure it out.

Before I go, here's a diddy from Killer Stilettos:

Cynthia’s green eyes flinted to the chair Vinny sat in. “There’s no way in hell that I’m going to pray his soul out of purgatory. Ever.”

Vinny chuckled and plucked petals from the rose. “She loves me. She loves me not.”

Hope you enjoyed. I'll be at the Salon most of this week so I'll be lurking the blog world from my iPhone.
Hugs and chocolate, all!
Shelly

18 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for advertising for us even if you haven't made up your mind yet! Gonna tweet this. You rock, Shelly. Now go sign up!

    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge
    http://www.facebook.com/TinaLifeIsGood

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as A-Z: NO.
    Checking out mainewords. That would be interesting. I think getting an idea of where you are and where you need to go with a first chapter is a good idea!
    Chocolate hugs, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to avoid blog hops at all costs...but it sounds like you could have fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think I would. One word and a picture hinting at what the novel is about.

      Delete
  4. If I were to sign up today, would I be number six thousand and something? I should not think to long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of this cover.

    A-Z is not the sort of thing I'd be able to get into doing for myself, but routinely several bloggers I follow do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for an A to Z theme, Shelly! I also enjoyed your Killer Stilettos excerpt, and your sample book cover!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Must get to A-Z right now (wish I was number 1 on the list). Thanks for answering my questions LOL - hot fudge sundae :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love Marcy! She and Dianne have been so helpful to me in the past. Awesome ladies.
    I am not doing A-Z this year--first time in 3 years and I'll miss it but I have too many projects right now.
    Good luck with your decision! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcy and Diane are truly great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the shout out! Good luck with your cover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It can be a headbanging experience.

      Delete

I'm dying to know what you think.