Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Thursday, February 27, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things


Last week, I figured I'd join this Friday blog hop. Celebrations are a good thing. Especially when you can do it with others. Celebrate the Small Things is hosted by By VikLit at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author.

Today, I'll celebrate my clean house. But as I write this post, I have yet to dust the upstairs, clean up my laundry room, and the guest bath. Several months ago I challenged myself to clean one room a day instead of doing all my housework in one or two days. So far, its worked out pretty good. Sometimes though, my Salon schedule gets in the way since its one of those flexible ones-its never the same week to week.

My second celebration is my practice with Power Point in making my own book covers. It gets easier and easier every time. And the best part is, I'm having fun doing it even tough its not yet perfected.

Thirdly, I want to celebrate Roland Yeoman's recovery from face surgery he had done last week. He's over at Writing in the Crosshairs . Drop in and say 'hi'. He has a wonderful blog.

Fourthly, I want to celebrate another blogger's recovery from eye surgery. Michael Di Gesu His blog is just as wonderful. The way he writes will swoon and sweep you off your feet, ladies.

And last but not least, I wish to celebrate the rewrites I've accomplished on Killer Stilettos. Currently, I'm stuck on chapter thirty-one.

Here's a diddy:

The one red speck flitting in her eye multiplied into two more, and a low guttural growl escaped her. Mom slapped her gloved-hand over her surgical mask. Her eyes darted from me to Cynthia. “Excuse me. Must’ve been the bean burritos I ate for lunch.”
Cynthia shot me a quick a glance and pulled her brows together.
Strange noises rumbled from mom’s stomach, and her eyes went glossy. “I’m not feeling so good.” At any moment I figured she would definitely spew green chunks my way and her head would spin.
“Maybe you should go home, Miss Babs.” Cynthia set her Bible on the bedside table. “You wouldn’t want Lila to catch what you might have.”

Mom flinched. 

That's all for now. Gotta get to The Salon. But I'll be on my iPhone checking out others' posts throughout the weekend.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot to celebrate this week! And good idea to try and clean one room a day. I just wish I was home enough to do that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I have a small apartment. Building maintenance takes care of the big stuff and I can clean everything in 90 minutes max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you're learning how to make your own covers. I think I would be totally hopeless. So glad Roland and Michael are both on the mend! And I enjoyed your excerpt - well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like lots of celebrations, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your life is going well. I can not wait for all the good things there are to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a busy week! I always feel good when a writing goal is met (even if stuck on a chapter at the end :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.