Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tribute Post for Valentine's Day: Darren

At the age of six I found myself falling in love with the most cutest boy in my first grade class. My heart would sputter and my hands would get clammy. When he stood next to me, I'd get choked up. 

His name was Darren. I'll  keep this on a first name basis. Don't want to embarrass anyone.

Anyway, during class I could hardly pay attention because it was on him. He wore a lot of green and he had the coolest black-rimmed glasses. I've ways liked smart-looking boys. And I like them even better if they are intelligent.

At recess, I always made sure I'd be on the swing next to him or down the slide right after him. I did what ever I could to get him to notice me.

Oh he noticed me all right. One day he got off his swing next to me.  He literally pushed me off mine into the mud, and said, "Stop following me, fatty!"

I hope everyone had a lovely Thursday. I'll be at The Salon today.

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly

17 comments:

  1. Darren, Darren, Darren... there's a facepalm for that kind of remark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little boys don't get it until at least middle school. To bad he did not know how to be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If even one girl had so much as looked at me in school, I wouldn't have slept for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! What a meanie!
    Cute story tho! Happy <3 Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw. Well, wasn't meant to be. I got kissed first time at 6 by my neighbor boy. I had a crush on him up through 6th grade, but he suddenly didn't like me. I think I embarrassed him a few times by writing his name on my notebook and one day the teacher read it all in front of class. Mean teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! Made me think of my third grade crush who never knew I was alive. I think I would've been thrilled if he'd pushed me off my swing--at least I'd know he noticed me;0!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that's terrible! I had a crush on a boy named Tigger in kindergarten. I don't even know what his real name was.

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.